Today our babies have been in the NICU for 27 days. I have been patient. I have waited. I have made countless trips to the NICU and held, fed, diapered, taken temps and taken pictures. We are SO ready to have them home. West was close.... so close. On Wednesday, the doctor asked me if we would like for him to come home on Friday or Monday (they do not send babies home over the weekend). I told him that I would talk with Klint about it. Before I could talk with Klint, I asked Lauren, one of our favorite nurses to weigh in on it. She told me that West was not ready. About ten minutes later he had a brady while I was feeding him. Lauren knows her babies. They are not ready and I am trying to be OK with that.
So today, I did what I have been doing every day since October 16th and fed, diapered, took temps and took pictures. I am posting those pics below. When you look at them, please pray that Jack, Lilibeth and West will mature enough to come home soon. The fact is, they should still be cooking. We are asking so much of them to get ready early. Anyone who knows me knows that it is quite a struggle for their mama to be ready to go anywhere early. So, of all people, I should be the most patient. They will be 37 weeks (and one month old) on Saturday. So, I will work on my patience and be thankful that they were so healthy at almost 33 weeks... and that they continue to be healthy and grow every day.
Here they are... working hard on coming home. We are so proud of Lilibeth, West and Jack. They are early birds like their daddy... and they will come home soon. We all thank you for your prayers!
Latest stats:
West: 5 pounds, 5 ounces
Jack: 5 pounds, 6 ounces
Lilibeth: 4 pounds, 12 ounces
| West - 11.9.10 |
| Lilibeth - 11.10.10 |
| Jack - 11.10.10 |

No comments:
Post a Comment