 |
| Just one year ago... |
I cried today (a few times!)... happy tears, thankful tears, sad tears... this year has been so fun and gone by so quickly. We started our day by waking the babies by singing happy birthday with Aunt Linz and Uncle Mark. I think they knew then that this would be a crazy day. As crazy as we knew the day would be, we wanted to begin our day by worshiping our God with our friends this morning at church. Lilibeth started the day feeling badly, so she stayed home with Aunt Linz. I love our family at church... we walk in and the babies are taken from us by people who love them. I got a text this morning requesting Lilibeth before anyone else got to her. Thank you, friends, for loving our precious children. The report on Jack this morning was that he sang to God very loudly. I love it. I did get to hold West for a while as we sang and worshiped God. I was so thankful for his life and his health as I kissed his sweet head.
I have said it before, but I will say it again, because I have been changed by the love of those who have helped us this year... THANK YOU to our families and our friends (and honestly some people who I did not know well one year ago) who prayed for Lilibeth, West and Jack and stepped right in to help when we brought the babies home. We had help with meals, help with cleaning and most importantly, loving and caring for our children (there were even those who came for 2 am feedings!). We could never have given them such a good start on our own. Without the energy and love of "Team Triplet," these babies would not have been held, talked to, read to and loved like "singletons." I will always be thankful and commit to serve like "Team Triplet" has served us... wholeheartedly (and with lots of energy)!
Enough of my rambling... I am feeling very sentimental tonight!
Here is our month in pictures:
 |
| Lilibeth loves to look out the window |
 |
| Always moving! |
 |
| Finger foods are fun! We eat green beans and... |
 |
| black beans, cheese, pasta, broccoli, chicken, beef, fruit....but the real crowd pleaser... |
 |
| PANCAKES! Our little West can smack a cake! |
 |
| ohhh... we loved the NICU Reunion at the Childrens' Museum |
 |
| We saw our nurses and even our very first roommates! |
 |
| We all looked so big and grown up! |
 |
| We took our trusty ride... choo-choo! |
 |
| and tried to take a family pic... when will mama and daddy learn? |
 |
| I love this... someone (no names mentioned) did not strap West in. So... he found himself stuck in a hole. |
 |
| After he was saved, he was quick to let us know that we were neglectful... and that this is unacceptable! |
 |
| Big kid car seats! |
 |
| West loves to observe! |
 |
| I'm a big kid now! |
 |
| We're wild... we're crazy... we're facing forward! |
 |
| We can help, Mama! |
 |
| Moving, moving moving! |
 |
| WB wants to know why his cousins did not request a table for four? |
 |
| Sweet pea |
 |
| So independent |
 |
| I can do it myself! West really initiated finger foods for all. He can do it! |
 |
| Love. These. LEGS! |
 |
| Jack is walking! |
 |
| Hey, look at my new A&M blanket! I LOVE it! West loves to snuggle up to a soft blanket! |
 |
| Our first Camp Cousin. So much fun! We love all of our cousins! |
 |
| Just wanted to include something for West to laugh at when he is a teenager. WHAT are his parents thinking? So embarrassing! |
 |
| We took a family trip to Round Top to visit Ben & Papa. |
 |
| Sweet Lilibeth had her first visit to the ER. High fever makes a girl feel terrible! |
 |
| A visit from our sweet school friends. Thanks to these lovely ladies, each baby has a BEAUTIFUL first year scrapbook. They knew that if they did not step in, the babies would be scrapbook-less! Thanks J & J! |
|
|
 |
| Getting ready for the 1st Birthday Party with Ben |
 |
| Look at me on my ladybug scooter! |
 |
| Tractors, firetrucks and ladybugs.... go, go, go! |
 |
| Let them eat cake! |
 |
| The boys face planted into their smash cakes... Lilibeth is a lady! |
 |
| Yum-o! |
 |
| West was not happy with us when cake eating time was over |
What a great celebration of the best (and fastest!) year of our lives. Thank you, God for bringing Lilibeth, Jack and West into our home and into our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment