Since I have been pregnant, one of my prayers has been that I would not have the three before I turned 33. Thank you, God! We all made it!
My thirty-third birthday (even on bed rest) ranks right up there at the top! I have three healthy babies who will be here soon (just not too soon, we hope!), a sweet family to take care of me, a husband that I can't wait to be a parent with and a great community of friends.
The hardest thing over the past month was the decision I made to resign from my job. I shed lots of tears over it (not because I don't want to be home with my babies, but because I worked with some of the best educators in Texas... and some fabulous students!). Klint said as I was crying one night, "You are really blessed. I don't know many people who love their job enough to cry over leaving." True story, Klint.
I'm making a long story longer, which I promised I would not do when I started this blog. Back to the great birthday... My sweet school friends hosted a shower for us, which Mom attended for me. We were totally overwhelmed with their love and generosity. To top it off, another MISD friend initiated a diaper drive for us throughout the district. She and her children delivered a huge truck load of diapers for us from all the schools in our district. These two examples of love and generosity are just part of what made it so hard to leave this family.
We had a great dinner with both sets of parents and our sweet nephew, M. His parents came, too... which was great ;) I can see how quickly no one cares about the parent when there is a baby in the room. Klint and I will soon be wallflowers!
Here are a few pics from the birthday celebration...
| Mona and Laura... Thank you, MISD, for helping to diaper our babies! |
| I love this pumpkin patch! |
| 31.5 weeks |


No comments:
Post a Comment