Saturday, July 16, 2011

Triplet Feeding Table... Our "Trip-Trap"!

The Trip-Trap has changed our lives!

The Triplet Feeding Table... or what I fondly call my "Trip-Trap" has changed our lives!  Thank you Papa and Daddy for working hard to make us so happy!  In his "retirement" (which includes lots of baby help around here!) Klint's dad, Lynn, makes custom islands for kitchens.  As I looked at feeding tables online, I was amazed at their a) price (Whoa, Nelly!) and b) unattractive nature.  

After feeding and reading and playing at this table for only one day, I would say these tables are worth their price, but I still say they would look like junk in my breakfast room.  So I asked Klint & Lynn if they would build us a triplet feeding table.  I had a few requirements... I wanted the seats to be far enough apart that Jack could not smear peas in West's hair, or the other way around.  West and Jack can choose to stick themselves with their own food, but leave the siblings out of it!  I wanted a kidney shape, so that I can feed all three easily by myself.  I wanted the table to have plenty of room so that I can put down the Tiny Diner place mats when they are feeding themselves to make clean up easy.  I wanted a Formica top, again, easy clean up (my new fondest hope and dream for all areas of our life!).  I wanted the legs to be painted orange and scuffed up, because that just makes me really happy and coordinates with the rug.  If I'm honest with myself, I know that after just a few more months, the rug will have to be sold in an upcoming garage sale for 25 cents with all of our food stuffs still attached, but for now, it looks great with the table!  We were feeding in Bumbos on the table top (not safe!), so this is such a huge help!  Also, at almost nine months, exiting the Bumbo was not smooth... our little chubby legs prevented a smooth exit! The Trip Trap has opened a whole new world to us... easy feeding aside, Mama is back in the classroom for playing, learning and my very favorite... read alouds!

Daddy reading Mr. Brown Can Moo Can You? after breakfast

Fancy is in her element!
Jack

West

Lilibeth

post signature

2 comments:

Lisa said...

how cool, i have never seen such a table before! lucky to have some handy men in your life! :)

laura said...

I am, Lisa! Thanks!