Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ten months... the very best!

So far... this month has been the very best!  The babies are moving and talking and showing off their sweet (and otherwise!) personalities and I could not love being Lilibeth, West and Jack's mama anymore than I do today!  I hear that it only gets better from here (until we meet our teenagers, that is!) and I am even more excited about the ride than I was this time last year.
Look at their little heads... we have seen them so little this summer with those hot-danged helmets!

Partners in fun... and a little destruction (I'm sure we have not seen ANYTHING yet!)

Lilibeth sneaks away for her first overnight stay at Duke and Fancy's.  She had ice cream at Chick-fil-A... and she's not telling the boys!

This is a little game we play called Turtle Princess, Cow Prince and Pig Prince.  It's quite innovative... I put the animals on their heads like crowns, they shake them off.  Hey... we are all having a good time!


Teething biscuits are good even when you are not teething!

This girl loves a carb!
De-lish!

I bought these infant to toddler swings because I had heard so many good things about them.  The babies do not care for the one Klint put together.  When I say "do not care for," I mean scream incessantly until they are removed from the device.  BUT... they love the other two boxes.  I have hesitated to return the boxes to Amazon because they are just so much fun!

These kids are worker bees!  They were all playing happily beside the train in the dining room, when I took the opportunity to go move some laundry from the washer to the dryer.  When I returned one minute later, the crew had moved into the office.  Lilibeth had wrapped herself nicely in a roll of 100 stamps, Jack was "taking out the trash" and West was chewing on my computer cord to ensure that it met safety standards.

Just can't get enough of those teething biscuits!  I have four teeth on top and two on bottom!

Aunt Vicki came for a visit!

Duke and Jack... Jack graduated from the helmet!  Woo-hoo!

I have been baby-proofing a lot lately... I wonder when we can move back in?

Love this pic!  Hey... this is what our table looks like from underneath!

We love to stand up!

I'm coming for you!

Lilibeth is still devouring her books

Jack has Fancy's bracelets... these have caused a few scuffles since they are everyone's favorite toy

Blowing raspberries... this is highly entertaining.  West spent one whole day doing it last week.  I love this pic for another reason... we are in the litter of puppies stage.  When you get on the floor, they all pile on!

Sweet pea!

West loves S!  He would also like a little swig of that coffee.
The most fun guy we know... Daddy!
W, J & L follow one another all over the house... I am amazed at how much they love each other already.

Playing with Papa

Sweet Lilibeth... she was so tired before nap time that she was trying to strum up some hair to twirl!

Meeting S!

We went to visit Meme Warner!  She met West on Thanksgiving, but this was her first time to meet Lilibeth and Jack since they were still in NICU last Thanksgiving.  She and Lilibeth spent lots of time getting to know one another.


Papa has a basket-full of West!

Jack with Aunt Kristen, Little B and Uncle Landon

Meme's whole crew

Just the great-grands
Jack volunteered to drive home

We all love J and S!


Lilibeth and J

Jack and Daddy

Lilibeth helps Mama in the office

Pulling up and checking out the world

Ummm.... how long 'till I can walk?

Love to dig in my toys

Aunt Linz and WB came to visit!

Floor fun

Jack & J... good friends

Jack stole this straight from WB... thanks for the loan!

Team meeting... planning their next adventure!

Some things about Lilibeth that we L-O-V-E:

Her top teeth are so cute!  She loves to show them off with a huge grin!

Lilibeth is such a good eater!  She sits so politely with her hands folded and waits for her bite to come… I can’t lie… sometimes she fusses (a lot!) if the bite is too slow for her!
A Lilibeth and Jack story…. Lilibeth finished her bottle and Jack was not finished (because he and West like to be silly and roll around and throw their bottles from the Boppy now). Lilibeth, as she typically does, cried a little when her bottle was finished, then she stopped crying when she saw that Jack was being super-duper silly with his bottle.  She crawled on over and tried to steal his bottle.  Jack, said, “Yak, yak, yak, yak, yak” (or something of that nature) in a frustrated tone to Lilibeth and kicked her.  Ahhhh… the beginnings of sibling rivalry!

After dinner one night, Lilibeth sat up from playing and listened so well as I read On the Night You Were Born.  Her interest has made me want to begin our bedtime story tradition.  
 
Some things about Jack that we L-O-V-E:
 
He does this hilarious 36o degree turn.  He likes to see the world from all angles, and it also helps when you are trying to avoid a toy being stolen, I mean borrowed, from a sibling.

When I start singing Patty Cake, Jack starts clapping!  

Jack is already listening to  and understanding lyrics.  As Zac Brown's Chicken Fried played, Jack picked up a stuffed chicken and ate his leg.  I laughed and  laughed!
 
Some things about West that we L-O-V-E: 
He loves to be the leader!  He is always up for an adventure and leads the crew to the action.  He is a super-fast little crawler, and he is already much more coordinated than his Mama (truthfully, not too difficult to master!).   

I put all of the babies in the Trip Trap and since they were pretty happy and not rushing me for solid food, I decided that I would go ahead and rinse the bottles at the sink.  West made some sort of noise to get my attention, then opened and closed his mouth showing me that they were supposed to be eating now!  

We took a train ride around the house and I started singing Folsom Prison Blues (That train keeps a movin' and it just tortures me.)  West sang along happily the WHOLE time!  He seems to really like the man in black.
One final note... Happy 14th anniversary to Klint (and me!).  What a great 14 years... I have loved watching you be the best Daddy to West, Lilibeth and Jack this year.  We all love you!

post signature

4 comments:

Judy A. said...

OMG!!!!! I am so impressed with their growth!! I miss them so much! You really should be a writer - you have so much talent! Thanks for sharing these wonderful little people with us all.
Love to you all,
Judy

LindaBee said...

Laura,

This is such a wonderful memento of this stage of the kids' lives! You'll look back years from now and get misty-eyed. :-)

You're a pretty good writer, Mom! LOL

Linda Branam

erinlo said...

Hey Laura! I had a few moments of "blog surfing" and discovered your blog this morning. I am filled with so much joy as I read about your sweet babies!!! Oh my goodness!!! They are all beautiful, but I would have expected nothing less. I am so very happy for you.

laura said...

Thanks, friends! This is a fun way for me to remember it all. It is going SO fast! Erin & Linda... great to hear from you two. You are missed! And, Judy... hurry back! You've been on vacation so long that it just seems like you've moved away! :)